-
January 12th, 2005, 11:07 AM
#41
Inactive Member
My fave SQ album? I think that must be "Live-n-Kickin' (1977 Japanese-only 14-track double LP, live in Tokyo & Osaka June 1977). It's so awesome and catches the leather bass queen in all her stardom and beauty!!! I'm not sure this one is still available, but I've gotten my copy about twenty years ago!!!! Furthermore, I actually like ALL her old songs, like "48 Crash", "Can The Can", "Daytona Demon", "Devil Gate Drive", "Glycerine Queen", "Your Momma Won't Like Me", "The Wild One", but also her later songs like "Evie" and "Non Citizen" (from "If You Knew Suzi"). I also enjoyed her Elvis covers ("Heartbreak Hotel" and "All Shook Up"). I know Elvis was one of her early influences.......
I think her latest albums were a bit softer and less rockin', but i have high hopes that her new one will be more heavy again (hopefully, she'll skip the "horn" parts......).
-
January 12th, 2005, 11:09 AM
#42
Inactive Member
P.S. Have a nice day, too Ronnie!!!!
Love ya [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
-
January 12th, 2005, 05:48 PM
#43
famveronica
Guest
Hello Foxy [img]smile.gif[/img] )))))))))))))))))))
I have the live and kikkin' album too, but i think the bootleg live album called You'r mama won't like me is much better....
But yes it's a great album [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img]
-
January 12th, 2005, 05:55 PM
#44
famveronica
Guest
" Take it away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT BURN'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
-
January 13th, 2005, 12:21 AM
#45
Inactive Member
Veronica,
I don't really have a favorite Suzi album, but my favorite songs of hers are "Lipstick" from Rock Hard. "She's in love with you" and "Hollywood" off Suzi and other Four Letter Words. "Devil Gate Drive" on Quatro and the latest "Back to the Drive" released on the ******** soundtrack. Still waiting for my dvd to come in! Suzi Rocks!
Sportyfan
-
January 13th, 2005, 07:28 AM
#46
famveronica
Guest
Hi Sporty fan...............
Well i have to tell ya that the Suzi DVD Leather forever is a HUGE let down......
Tell me what you think of it when you get it....
Have a good day Sporty
[img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img]
-
January 13th, 2005, 03:40 PM
#47
4Jettheads
Guest
Been gone a couple days, so I see ya got an answer on the bird is the word. This is from Skwerlie on Joan's board.
It goes like this...
And that's why birds do it, bees do it
Even educated fleas do it
Let's do it, let's fall in love
Oops, you probably meant the history behind the song...
Remember the movie Tank Girl? Joan and Greg Graffin did a cool cover of the Cole Porter classic "Let's Do It." For whatever reason, someone in Greg's camp didn't think the song was right for him at the time and wouldn't let him participate in a video to promote it. Paul Westerberg was called in to replace Greg's vocals. Ironically, Paul was willing to fill in for vocals in a pinch, but wouldn't agree to do a video either. Joan and Paul's version of the song is on the Tank Girl soundtrack (1995). Eventually, Joan and Greg's original version was released on Laguna Tunes (2000) and Jett Rock (2003). More detail can be found here under the liner notes tab.
"Let's Do It" promo CD single
-
January 13th, 2005, 03:43 PM
#48
4Jettheads
Guest
Ronnie Blue-eyes, whaddya mean, you were just kidding ? Sure, get my hopes up and then just dash my heart on the jagged rocks--again.
That's it, your Suzi Q collection is in serious jeopardy now. If I can't find twisted romance around here, I'll settle for lots of chick rocker songs. And your Joan Jett collection ? Kiss that good-bye too. You can keep Madonna.
-
January 13th, 2005, 03:45 PM
#49
4Jettheads
Guest
What a beautiful day for an exorcism. It'll bring us closer together. You and Regan ? You and us
-
January 14th, 2005, 02:58 AM
#50
moderator
Debbie solo!!!
Koo Koo [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
RockBird [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Def Dumb & Blonde [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Debravation [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Always GOOD! [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
GD
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks